We don't listen to "best of" albums, we create them.

6/28/11

29 -- Jimi Hendrix



albums considered.
Are You Experienced (UK), 1967 Are You Experienced (US), 1967 Axis: Bold as Love (UK), 1967 Axis: Bold as Love (US), 1968 Electric Ladyland (UK), 1968 Electric Ladyland (US), 1968

01 -- Foxy Lady
02 -- Voodoo Child (Slight Return)
03 -- Little Wing
04 -- Fire
05 -- Hey Joe
06 -- Come On (Let The Good Times Roll)
07 -- Manic Depression
08 -- Red House
09 -- Purple Haze
10 -- Voodoo Child
11 -- Crosstown Traffic
12 -- Castles Made of Sand
13 -- All Along The Watchtower
14 -- The Wind Cries Mary
15 -- If 6 Was 9

Dine-In.

4 comments:

  1. I agree with you about the toned-down blues stuff, but I also prefer the almost pop-like songs such as "Castles Made of Sand" to the extended jams. I'm in the minority I know, but I always liked Hendrix's vocals and lyrics as much as his guitar playing. And a long lead solo can just get boring, even by Hendrix.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Damon's probably gonna be a snot about this, but the Cure does a really good cover of Purple Haze.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you on the Cure cover.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Freaking loved Night Bird Flying, though. Gotta be my fave.

    ReplyDelete